Street Restrictions on May 8, 2016
The annual SUDBURYROCKS!!! Race, Run or Walk for Diabetes will be held in the downtown and on the streets of Sudbury on Sunday May 8, 2016. Organizers of the event anticipate about 2500 walkers and runners will take part in the races. The events start at 7:30 am and finish at 2:00 pm.
Please be aware of the following downtown street closure, parking restrictions and lane closures commencing in the early morning of Sunday May 8, 2016 and extending to about 2:00 pm.
* Minto St. between Brady St. and Medina Lane (3:00 am – 2:00 pm)
Please note there will still be access to the streets with lane closures.
* Larch St between Minto and Notre Dame will have the right hand lanes out of service until 12:00 pm.
* Notre Dame Ave. will have the northbound right hand lane from Larch St. to Wilma St. and the southbound right hand lane from Wilma St. to Ste Anne Rd. out of service (northbound 12:30pm and southbound 10:30 am.)
* Ste. Anne Rd. will have the right hand lane between Notre Dame Ave. and Elgin St. out of service until 10:30 am.
* Elgin St will have the right hand lane from Ste. Anne Rd to Minto St out of service (Elgin/Ste Anne/Beech/Elm/Cedar/Larch open at 10:30 am. Elgin from Brady Lane to Minto opens at 2:00 pm.
* There are other lane closures on Notre Dame Ave., Lasalle Bvd and Falconbridge Rd. but they should not adversely affect traffic. Please be cautious around all pyloned areas.
There will be NO PARKING from the evening of May 9 to May 10 at 2:00 pm in the following areas.
* Elgin St. from Grey St. to Ste. Anne Rd.
* Larch St between Minto and Notre Dame*
* All of Ste. Anne Rd.
- Pylons will be placed along the entire course route beginning in the early hours of May 11.